Grid connect solar
A grid connect solar system is a solar system where the excess solar power that is generated by the solar panels, is fed back into the electricity network.
A grid connect solar system also allows you to use power supplied by the electricity network when your solar panels aren’t providing enough power for your needs. For example, if your household electricity consumption is 20 amps of power and your solar system only produced 12 ams then you would be drawing 8 amps from the electricity network.
Without solar battery storage where you can store the power your solar systems generate, at night all of your electrical needs would be supplied by the electricity grid.
AMG Electrical Solutions are certified with the Clean Energy Council of Australia to provide both residential and commercial solar services.
This accreditation ensures you that our technicians have the knowledge and expertise to install and manage all of your solar power needs.
Your system will be installed to comply with industry standards and regulations producing systems that are safe, reliable and meet your expectations.
AMG Electrical Solutions
Helping you with all of your Solar Needs
AMG Electrical Solutions 7-Step Solar Guarantee
- System Installed by local qualified personnel
- System Designed by Qualified Electrician with CEC Design and Installation Accreditation NOT a Salesman!
- Full Design including estimated production, power bill costs, panel layout and system efficiency!
- No obligation FREE site assessment and measurement on all systems!
- Customised designs to match your house, budget and energy usage profile!
- Seamless customer experience from design to installation and beyond!
- We are a local family owned business who aren’t going anywhere – we will be here to answer the phone for all after sales requirements now and in the future!
AMG ELECTRICAL SOLUTIONS
Wherever you’re located in the local Kingaroy or surrounding South Burnett areas, we have your solar requirements covered. Call AMG Electrical Solutions on 0422 885 905 to book a time for our electricians to meet you at your location and please don’t hesitate to ask for a free quote.
How do solar systems work?
Costs of Solar Systems
- government rebates and incentives
- contractor installation costs
- type and number of panels
- type and size of inverter
- type of framing equipment and other system components
- height and accessibility of roof and whether it is tiled or metal or concrete
- any after sales service agreements
Savings of Solar Systems
There are numerous factors that affect your suitability for solar and the period it will take for your system to pay for itself.
The amount of money your household will save on power bills by going solar is affected by several factors, including:
- Your energy consumption and the size of your solar power system – if you use more power than your system can produce, your savings will be reduced. It’s important to choose the correct system for your needs.
- Your feed-in tariff – this is the amount your electricity retailer pays you for any excess power your solar panels generate.
- Your usage patterns – solar panels can only generate electricity while the sun is shining. This means that households that use a lot of power during the day may attract greater savings than those that consume most of their power at night. However, you will still receive a feed-in tariff for any excess electricity you generate during the day.
- Where you live – some areas of Australia receive a lot more sunlight than others, so a solar system in Kingaroy will usually generate more power than one in Hobart.
Grid Connect Solar
AMG ELECTRICAL SOLUTIONS
Call one of our solar technicians to discuss your needs.
Solar Systems FAQ's
A feed-in-tariff is the amount your electricity retailer pays you for any electricity your solar system generates that you don’t use and is fed back into the grid. Feed-in tariffs differ depending on where you live.
AMG Solar will do all the paperwork for the feed-in tariff. Currently the FIT is about $0.078 per kwh exported.
The Qld Productivity Commission is reviewing the price every year and setting the price.
The Australian solar industry is well regulated and safe.
Solar panels and inverters sold in this country must comply with a range of standards that maximise safety and reliability.
AMG Electrical Solutions is accredited with Clean Energy Council. Accredited installers are qualified electricians who have undergone additional training and assessment in the installation of solar systems. Systems must be installed by a Clean Energy Council accredited installer to be eligible for small-scale technology certificates (STCs).
Solar panels do not generate power at night. Once the sun goes down, your home or business will start to draw power from the main grid as usual.
Solar panels will still work on cloudy days but will not generate as much electricity as when the weather is clear and sunny.
If your solar system is still under warranty, you should contact the retailer you purchased your system from to arrange repairs. If you bought AMG Electrical Solutions, your solar system is covered under warranty for at least five years.
If your system is out of warranty, you should contact your retailer or an accredited solar installer. However, you may be responsible for the cost of any repairs.
A Solar PV system is silent in operation, has no moving parts and requires minimal maintenance. Most of the time the rain will keep the modules clean. However, a build up of dirt can effect system performance. The degree of soiling will depend on the location but usually dust accumulation and self-cleaning reach a steady state after a few weeks if the array tilt is at least 15 degrees. In extreme cases, dust may cause a power reduction of about 10%. The design of the system should aim to minimize uneven soiling. The modules can be cleaned once a year if desired with either a hose or, if possible, soapy water and a non-abrasive cloth